Di’s Gluten-free fruit and nut cookies
These little cookies are delicious on their own or served with a hot cuppa. Enjoy!
Preparation: 15 minutes Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
Makes about 36 cookies
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Optional: 1/3 cup good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place softened butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy. Add the egg and continue beating until well combined.
- Fold in flour and almond meal, yoghurt, cranberries, nuts and chocolate (if using).
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture, flatten slightly and place on prepared trays. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Cool on trays for a few minutes before transferring to racks to cool completely.