Di’s Healthy apricot, date and coconut ‘truffles’
These little truffles look and taste decadent but they are oh so healthy for you! Loaded with fruit and fibre, they contain no added oil, dairy or refined sugar.
Pop some in lunch boxes as a sweet treat, enjoy with a cuppa, or steal straight from the fridge or freezer anytime.
- 1 cup dried, pitted dates
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup walnut halves
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut, toasted, for rolling
- Place dates and apricots in a medium bowl. Pour boiling water over to cover and soak for 20-30 minutes until fruit is soft. Drain well, reserving 2-3 tablespoons of the soaking liquid.
- Add soaked fruit to the shredded coconut, rolled oats and walnut halves in a food processor and blitz until well combined. If the mixture is too dry add some of the reserved soaking liquid a little at a time and continue processing until it comes together.
- Roll heaped teaspoons of the mixture into balls then roll in the toasted desiccated coconut.
Store in the fridge or freezer if you want to save some for later.