Di’s Fast frittata for Friday night
A quick and easy Friday night dinner when everyone else is out. You can have it prepared, cooked and eaten before you even find the menu from the local takeaway!
Double or triple the ingredients if everyone decides to stay in…
Add anything else you have on hand to this simple dish but preparation time will be longer. Who needs this on a Friday night?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter (everyone knows butter tastes better!)
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 rashers bacon, rind removed, diced
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- Handful baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 80g feta cheese, crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to high.
- Heat oil or butter over medium heat in a shallow non-stick skillet. Cook onion, bacon and red capsicum until bacon begins to crisp and vegetables are tender.
- Whisk eggs and milk/cream together in a small bowl, season with pepper then pour evenly into skillet over the bacon and vegetables.
- Continue to cook over medium heat until the bottom begins to set but the top is still quite runny (2-3 minutes). Add the spinach leaves and feta cheese and carefully place under hot grill. Cook another 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted and the top is golden.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool slightly. Serve with a crisp green salad.
* For a vegetarian option substitute chopped button mushrooms for the bacon.