Di’s Roasted stuffed portobello mushrooms
A meal for 1 or serves 2 as a starter
The portobello is a very versatile mushroom. Large and meaty, it is full of flavour and roasts just as well with only garlic, thyme and a drizzle of olive oil as it does with a filling combining lots of ingredients. This recipe keeps it fairly simple, vegetarian, and with the tangy saltiness of Greek feta.
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed and chopped
- 4 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tblsp butter (or olive oil)
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ small red capsicum, seeded, diced
- 2 tsps fresh rosemary, chopped finely
- 1 tblsp parsley, chopped finely
- 60g Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Spray portobello mushrooms all over with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place mushrooms gill side up on a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast for 12 minutes.
- Heat the butter (or olive oil) in a small pan and cook the spring onions, garlic, button mushrooms and stems, capsicum and rosemary until mushrooms are tender. Remove from the heat, add parsley and half the feta cheese, season with pepper and stir to combine.
- Divide the filling between the mushrooms, place the remaining feta cheese on top and roast for another 10 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling and cheese is turning golden. Serve with extra parsley and a crisp green salad.