Di’s Stuffed bullhorn peppers
These red bullhorn peppers taste very sweet when baked and are great with the ricotta stuffing. Add anything else you fancy and omit the salami if you want the vegetarian option.
- 2 large red bullhorn peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds and membranes removed
- 2 tblsps extra virgin olive oil
- 200g ricotta cheese
- 2 small spring onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ small red capsicum, diced
- 30g mild salami (about 6 slices), diced
- 2 tblsps pine nuts
- 1 tblsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tblsps parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 190ºC. Place peppers on a baking tray lined with baking paper and brush cavities with half the olive oil.
- Place the ricotta cheese, spring onions, garlic, capsicum, salami, pine nuts, basil and 1 tblsp parmesan cheese in a medium bowl. Mix well and season to taste.
- Stuff the peppers with the ricotta mixture, drizzle with the remaining oil and sprinkle over the rest of the parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes or until peppers are starting to collapse and the filling is gooey and luscious. Serve with a simple garden salad.