Di’s Oat and banana cookies
Makes 18 cookies
These little cookies are nutritious as well as delicious! Simple to make and packed full of fibre rich goodness, they are great when enjoyed with a cuppa or as a snack on the go anytime.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 ripe bananas (about 180g), mashed
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 generous tblsps golden syrup or maple syrup
- ¼ cup light olive oil
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 160ºC fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix with your hands until well combined. Alternatively, place everything except flaked almonds and choc chips in a food processor and pulse until the mixture comes together. Tip into a large bowl and mix through the almonds and choc chips.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on prepared trays. Flatten a little with a fork or spatula.
- Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes or until golden and set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Cookies will keep for a few days in an airtight container.