Di’s Roasted finger eggplants
Serves 4-6 as a side dish
Roasted eggplants are delicious! This simple recipe using finger eggplants is so tasty and very quick to prepare – no need for the salting, draining, rinsing, wiping, drying process. The soft, creamy centre and crunchy skin of these little fingers keep you reaching for more.
Dollop on garlicky yoghurt or home-made tzatziki and enjoy as a side dish or light lunch.
- 6 finger eggplants (purple or black), ends trimmed, halved lengthwise
- 2 tblsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tblsp crushed fresh garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 tsp smoked or sweet paprika
- 1 lemon, juice and 1 tsp finely grated rind
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200ºC, fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place eggplants flesh side up on the baking tray and use a sharp knife to make short diagonal cuts into the flesh.
- In a small bowl, combine all other ingredients and mix well. Drizzle the mixture generously over the eggplants.
- Roast for around 30-35 minutes or until the skins are crispy and the flesh is creamy and starting to collapse. Serve hot.