Di’s Oven roasted capsicums
Makes about 1½ cups
These capsicums are so tasty when marinated in oil and garlic. They are great as part of an antipasto platter, as a side dish, or just tossed through your favourite pasta.
- 6 small red capsicums
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- ½ tsp dried oregano (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220°C, fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Halve capsicums, remove stems, seeds and membranes. Place skin side up on tray in a single layer, brush with a little of the oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Roast capsicums until skins wrinkle and blacken (20-25 minutes).
- Remove from the oven, place in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 10-15 minutes to loosen skins. When cool enough to handle, peel skins (they should come off easily) and slice each capsicum half in two (or more thinly if preferred).
- Pack capsicums into a sterilised jar with the sliced garlic and oregano, if using. Season with a little more salt and pour over the remaining olive oil to just cover capsicums. Seal jar and allow to marinate for a few hours or overnight before using.